Clearwater takes pride in ensuring our clients’ data remains secure. As part of that effort, we are offering our clients an opportunity to add Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to their Clearwater service. MFA is an added layer of security to protect your data. This additional layer of security increases information needed to authenticate to systems that may be susceptible to attacks. MFA requires two forms of authentication—typically a password and a one-time passcode sent to a secondary device.
Here are five reasons we find MFA valuable and think you will too:
- Strong passwords are important, but they are no longer enough. Today, 63% of data breaches are linked to weak or reused passwords. MFA provides a level of authentication beyond passwords. Adding this second layer of security greatly reduces the chance of account compromise.
- Because MFA is time-sensitive and often requires not only something that you know but also something in your possession, like a smartphone, it decreases the likelihood a hacker will gain access.
- MFA can simplify your sign-in process. MFA can be set up to include single sign-on (SSO) or can be added to your current SSO process.
- Ideal for the time we live in, MFA allows remote employees to successfully work from anywhere with increased security.
- Best of all, Clearwater is offering the upgrade to MFA at no cost to clients. Contact your service delivery manager to implement this added layer of security to your Clearwater account.
If you would like to learn more about the Clearwater solution and the ways we continuously enhance the system for our clients, contact a Solutions Consultant today.